Connect with us

The Low Down

WSJ Report Says FOX News May Fire Bill O’Reilly

Published

on

New reporting by the Wall Street Journal (WSJ) shows that the embattled talk show host, Bill O’Reilly may not have a future with FOX News, the place he has called home since 1996. The move comes as more women are suing O’Reilly for sexual harassment and verbal abuse. It should be noted that the Murdoch family, father Rupert and sons James and Lachlan own both the WSJ and FOX News.

FOX News

Rob Kim/Getty Images

Sources close to the talks say that James wants to see O’Reilly fired. Lachlan has been on the fence but may be coming around to that conclusion. Rupert wants to keep O’Reilly on.

The new scandal involving O’Reilly came about after the New York Times published a piece about the $13 million the network has spent paying off women who were suing the host and the network. Things only got worse when parent company 21st Century FOX admitted that it is looking into the matters. They released a statement last week that 21st Century Fox, “investigates all complaints and we have asked the law firm Paul Weiss to continue assisting the company in these serious matters.”

FOX News

Drew Angerer/Getty Images

Even the president weighed in on the situation with the FOX News host.

When the scandal first broke, O’Reilly received some support from a surprising source. From the Oval Office, President Donald Trump took questions about the situation and went as far as to say that O’Reilly is a “good person” and that he should not have settled. Trump told the New York Times, “I think he shouldn’t have settled; personally I think he shouldn’t have settled. Because you should have taken it all the way. I don’t think Bill did anything wrong.”

Because the two media outlets, FOX News and the WSJ are owned by the same people, it is unlikely they would publish such a piece without verifying its accuracy. Advertisers to the O’Reilly Factor have left the show in droves as some people started a boycott after the news of the scandal broke. People have also been protesting outside the New York office of the company.

Continue Reading
Comments

The Low Down

A Boba Fett Solo Movie Is Finally Happening, Everyone

With the recent release of Solo: A Star Wars Story, Star Wars delivered its first character-centric film. When it comes to anthology films, fans have been chatting about who they want to be featured next. Luckily, they now know what's next to come from Lucasfilm. As You Wish An anthology film about Boba Fett is currently in the works. James Mangold, who directed...

Published

on

Continue Reading

The Low Down

5 Revealed Secrets About Avengers 4 That Make Us Anxious

The mystery around Avengers 4 is part of its draw. With no real title, many fans don't know what to expect. However, there are a few secrets that have been revealed, and the cast tried to keep them hidden for good reason. The last one is a complete game changer! The End Of Thor? After Avengers 4, Chris Hemsworth's (Thor)...

Published

on

Continue Reading

The Low Down

Turns out Saturday Night Live Turned down These Major Actors

For many actors, being on Saturday Night Live is a dream gig. Since 1975, the show has created stars out of countless people. With many individuals aiming for the same goal, many future stars were turned down. These five successful actors know what it's like to get that crushing announcement. Steve Carrell Steve Carell and his wife Nancy both auditioned for the...

Published

on

Continue Reading