Why Maxi Dresses and Skirts Are a Girl’s Best Friend
In the past year or so, the trend of the maxi dress and the maxi skirt has made a huge comeback into the fashion world for women of all shapes, sizes and ages. Although there are some that are specifically made for a younger or older crowd, or a larger or smaller crowd, anyone of […]
In the past year or so, the trend of the maxi dress and the maxi skirt has made a huge comeback into the fashion world for women of all shapes, sizes and ages. Although there are some that are specifically made for a younger or older crowd, or a larger or smaller crowd, anyone of any age or any size can find one to fit them and make them look fantastic. And really, the possibilities are endless when it comes to the combinations of colors, patterns, and styles that they can come in. Here are some reasons why a maxi dress or skirt is the perfect piece of clothing for every woman’s wardrobe, and basically should be every girl’s best friend.
- If you forgot to shave your legs, there’s no need to fret about it since they’ll always be covered with the maxi dress or skirt. As long as you aren’t wearing one with long slits in them, no need to worry about people freaking out about your hairy legs!
- While it’ll keep your legs warm when it’s cold outside, it’ll also keep you relatively cool when it’s super hot outside in the summer. They come in lightweight versions but you can also get ones that are heavier fabrics to keep you warmer during the winter months or a chilly summer night.
- They’re so comfy! No need to worry about wearing a dress that’s too short or having to deal with the struggle that is pants, and your legs can just be free and slowing under the long maxi dress or skirt.
- Like I mentioned earlier, they come in tons of different colors, prints, and styles. You can get them with one strap, two straps, cap sleeves, spaghetti straps, thick tank top straps, strapless, longer sleeves, one long sleeve, whatever you want. Some have cut outs, some don’t. Some have stripes or different funky prints or blocks of colors, so you can have a huge variety of them to wear. Honestly you can wear a completely different maxi every day of the week.
- The skirts are particularly great because a lot of them give you the option to make them shorter for those shorties out there. You can roll them up or fold them over so you’re not constantly tripping over them all over the place.
- You can easily dress it up or dress it down. If you’re looking for more of a casual look just going out and about doing your errands, you can go that route. But if you’re going out on the town or going somewhere a little fancier that requires you to look a little more dressy, you can easily dress up the most basic maxi dress or skirt with the right accessories.
More in Style
Ashley Graham Modeled Alongside A Special Lady For A Special, Inspiring Campaign
Supermodel Ashley Graham is no stranger to the limelight; she is one of the most successful plus-sized models of all-time. In addition...Feb 14, 2018
Want To Look As Stunning As Meghan Markle? Here Are Her Top Makeup Secrets
Following her royal engagement last fall, Meghan Markle has become one of the most talked-about celebrities of our time, with a...Feb 13, 2018
This Bratz Makeup Trend Just Went To The Extreme, And We’re Not Sure You’ll Like It
No one could have guessed how popular Bratz dolls would end up being when they debuted on shelves in 2001. But...Jan 16, 2018
Teen Girls From The ’00s Will Positively Shriek Over These Pics
Every decade has its own unique fashion trends. Girls growing up during the 2000s were exposed to a plethora of passing...Jan 8, 2018
British Makeup Artist Flawlessly Transforms Himself Into Celebrities
If you’re a huge makeup or cosplay fan, right now is a truly blessed time in the world of cosmetic creativity....Jan 8, 2018
After Revealing Her Biggest Secret, This Woman Won A Modelling Contract
It’s a fickle and harsh world out there, and it’s hard to be different when people can be so cruel to...Jan 1, 2018
These Dudes Shaved Their Beards. We Ask Why. God, Why.
Forget #NoShave November, we want men to keep their beards all year ’round. We’re celebrating beards everywhere by sharing the most...Dec 13, 2017
This Instagram Trend Is Attracting Selfie Queens From All Over The Globe. Here’s Why
Women are taking to Instagram to join a beauty challenge posed by blogger NikkiTutorials called #ThePowerOfMakeup. In this exercise, a woman is...Dec 13, 2017
Top Fashion Mistakes Everyone Has Made (We Made 3 Of These Just This Week)
Fashion is a beast. It’s brutal and unpredictable, but if you try hard enough, you can tame it. Just be sure...Nov 20, 2017