Why Maxi Dresses and Skirts Are a Girl’s Best Friend
In the past year or so, the trend of the maxi dress and the maxi skirt has made a huge comeback into the fashion world for women of all shapes, sizes and ages. Although there are some that are specifically made for a younger or older crowd, or a larger or smaller crowd, anyone of any age or any size can find one to fit them and make them look fantastic. And really, the possibilities are endless when it comes to the combinations of colors, patterns, and styles that they can come in. Here are some reasons why a maxi dress or skirt is the perfect piece of clothing for every woman’s wardrobe, and basically should be every girl’s best friend.
- If you forgot to shave your legs, there’s no need to fret about it since they’ll always be covered with the maxi dress or skirt. As long as you aren’t wearing one with long slits in them, no need to worry about people freaking out about your hairy legs!
- While it’ll keep your legs warm when it’s cold outside, it’ll also keep you relatively cool when it’s super hot outside in the summer. They come in lightweight versions but you can also get ones that are heavier fabrics to keep you warmer during the winter months or a chilly summer night.
- They’re so comfy! No need to worry about wearing a dress that’s too short or having to deal with the struggle that is pants, and your legs can just be free and slowing under the long maxi dress or skirt.
- Like I mentioned earlier, they come in tons of different colors, prints, and styles. You can get them with one strap, two straps, cap sleeves, spaghetti straps, thick tank top straps, strapless, longer sleeves, one long sleeve, whatever you want. Some have cut outs, some don’t. Some have stripes or different funky prints or blocks of colors, so you can have a huge variety of them to wear. Honestly you can wear a completely different maxi every day of the week.
- The skirts are particularly great because a lot of them give you the option to make them shorter for those shorties out there. You can roll them up or fold them over so you’re not constantly tripping over them all over the place.
- You can easily dress it up or dress it down. If you’re looking for more of a casual look just going out and about doing your errands, you can go that route. But if you’re going out on the town or going somewhere a little fancier that requires you to look a little more dressy, you can easily dress up the most basic maxi dress or skirt with the right accessories.