Connect with us

Walk of Fame

Jude Law to Play Young Dumbledore in ‘Fantastic Beats’ Sequel

Published

on

Jude Law will play a younger version of Hogwarts headmaster Albus Dumbledore in the second installment of J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter spin-off franchise, Fantastic Beats and Where to Find Them, according to Variety.

People

People

David Yates is returning to direct and Eddie Redmayne will be back to star alongside Johnny Depp, who will play the villain Grindelwald.

“Jude Law is a phenomenally talented actor whose work I have long admired, and I’m looking forward to finally having the opportunity to work with him,” Yates said. “I know he will brilliantly capture all the expected facets of Albus Dumbledore as J.K. Rowling reveals this very different time in his life.”

Warner Bros. had reportedly considered a number of major British actors for the role, including Christian Bale and Benedict Cumberbatch.

Toby Emmerich, president and chief content officer of Warner Bros, said the studio was “thrilled to have Jude Law joining the Fantastic Beats’ cast, playing a character so universally adored.”

Richard Harris played Dumbledore in the first two Harry Potter films and Michael Gambon took over the role after Harris’ death in 2002.

Seventeen

Seventeen

Rowling, who made her screenwriting debut on Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, also wrote the script for the first sequel in the planned five-part series.

CBC

CBC

Back in 2007, Rowling revealed that she always envisioned Dumbledore as gay, and last year, while promoting the first film, she hinted that the professor could be open with his sexuality at some point in the franchise.

“You will see Dumbledore as a younger man and quite a troubled man,” Rowling said at a press conference. “We’ll see him at that formative period in his life. As far as his sexuality is concerned, watch this space.”

Law can be seen in the upcoming film King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, and currently stars in the HBO series The Young Pope.

Fantastic Beats 2 begins shooting this summer and is scheduled to hit theaters on November 16, 2018.

Walk of Fame

Kevin Smith Tells Twitter Jay And Silent Bob Are Back

Kevin Smith, better known by his character Silent Bob, has made an exciting announcement for comedy fans everywhere. After a nearly eight-year hiatus to produce in the horror genre, Smith and long-time friend Jason Mewes are coming back for a Jay and Silent Bob "reboot." By the first of the year Smith, Mewes, and Mewes' wife were back at work...

Published

on

Continue Reading

Walk of Fame

Throwback Photos Of 2019 Golden Globe Nominees Attending Their First Event

For many, getting to the Golden Globes is a dream come true. Once they've been invited, one major problem involves what they'll wear to the red carpet. With one shot to make an impression, many go all out. We look at what this year's nominees wore at their first appearance. A Winning Debut Christian Bale's first appearance led to a...

Published

on

Continue Reading

Walk of Fame

Bruce Campbell To Host Travel Channel’s ‘Ripley’s Believe It Or Not!’ Reboot

Last year, Bruce Campbell revealed he was hanging it up as Ash Williams. The Evil Dead fanbase went wild knowing they'll never see him as the beloved hero again. Fortunately, he'll be back on TV soon but in a different role. Although he won't be in the limelight as a horror star, he'll still be in touch with the weird and...

Published

on

Continue Reading