Connect with us

Walk of Fame

Elton John Cancels Shows Due to Deadly Infection

Published

on

Elton John has canceled multiple shows in Vegas and California, beginning today until May 6 after suffering from “rare and potentially deadly” bacterial infection during a tour in South America.

Elton John

Mike Segar/Reuters

He was rushed to intensive care and spent two nights at a hospital in Britain. Elton John was released on Saturday and is now resting at his home.

“During his return flight home from Santiago, Chile, he became violently ill. Thankfully, Elton’s medical team identified this quickly and treated it successfully,” the singer’s representative said. “He is expected to make a full and complete recovery.”

“I am so fortunate to have the most incredible and loyal fans and apologize for disappointing them. I am extremely grateful to the medical team for their excellence in looking after me so well,” the singer said.

Elton John AIDS Foundation's 15th Annual An Enduring Vison Benefit At Cipriani Wall Street

Andrew Toth/Getty Images

This is not the first time, the singer, who just turned 70, has suffered from serious illness. While he was touring in Las Vegas in 2012, the singer battled with a respiratory infection, which also resulted to canceling his last four concerts. He also had an appendicitis operation in 2013 and was forced to cancel a show in London’s Hyde Park.

In an interview with Telegraph, Elton John said he considered these series of ailments as a “wake-up call”. Pertaining to the time he was battling with appendicitis for over a week, he said, “I knew I was sick but I didn’t know I had such a dangerous thing inside of me until I had a scan, which was after nine shows, 24 flights and a summer ball. I could have easily died.”

Elton John

RockToTick.com

“Of course, your sense of your mortality kicks in. This is a wake-up call. I’m 66 not 36 anymore. I want to write another musical for Broadway and I want to spend more time with my children. I don’t have to tour. I don’t need the money. I just love playing,” he continued.

Elton John is said to return to the stage on June 3 in London. His Million Dollar Piano tour made its debut performance on September 28, 2011. It is due to end in May 2018.

Walk of Fame

Kevin Smith Tells Twitter Jay And Silent Bob Are Back

Kevin Smith, better known by his character Silent Bob, has made an exciting announcement for comedy fans everywhere. After a nearly eight-year hiatus to produce in the horror genre, Smith and long-time friend Jason Mewes are coming back for a Jay and Silent Bob "reboot." By the first of the year Smith, Mewes, and Mewes' wife were back at work...

Published

on

Continue Reading

Walk of Fame

Throwback Photos Of 2019 Golden Globe Nominees Attending Their First Event

For many, getting to the Golden Globes is a dream come true. Once they've been invited, one major problem involves what they'll wear to the red carpet. With one shot to make an impression, many go all out. We look at what this year's nominees wore at their first appearance. A Winning Debut Christian Bale's first appearance led to a...

Published

on

Continue Reading

Walk of Fame

Bruce Campbell To Host Travel Channel’s ‘Ripley’s Believe It Or Not!’ Reboot

Last year, Bruce Campbell revealed he was hanging it up as Ash Williams. The Evil Dead fanbase went wild knowing they'll never see him as the beloved hero again. Fortunately, he'll be back on TV soon but in a different role. Although he won't be in the limelight as a horror star, he'll still be in touch with the weird and...

Published

on

Continue Reading