Connect with us

Walk of Fame

The Reason FX Canceled Donald Glover’s ‘Deadpool’ Animated Series

Published

on

Last spring, word of a Deadpool animated series got out, and fans were ecstatic. The thought of seeing the “Merc with a Mouth” on his own show was a complete thrill. Unfortunately, production on the show came to an abrupt end.

Pulled From The Network

FX officially canceled the series based on the popular Marvel Comics antihero. “Due to creative differences, FX, Donald Glover, Stephen Glover and Marvel Television have agreed to part ways on Marvel’s Deadpool animated series,” the network said in a press release. The show was originally given a 10 episode deal for its first season.

AP

Many assumed Donald Glover was too preoccupied to work on the show. The star tweeted a 15-page script for one of the episodes. “For the record: I wasn’t too busy to work on Deadpool,” he said.

Over The Line?

The Glover brothers wanted the show to have a Rick & Morty vibe. In a deleted tweet, Stephen mentioned that one particular idea might’ve sealed the show’s fate. “There really was a Taylor Swift episode. It was HILARIOUS. And it definitely was the last straw lol,” he said.

Marvel Studios

Test footage from the show was uploaded to Vimeo to showcase what could’ve been. As expected, this footage was promptly removed.

A Second Chance?

There’s no word if Marvel will shop this show to other networks. With its adult humor, it wouldn’t surprise anyone if it landed on Netflix in the future.

20th Century Fox

While people wait for the final word, they can get their Deadpool fix with Deadpool 2. Arriving on May 18, this film finds Deadpool forming the X-Force to take on Cable. Deadpool 3 is also in the works right now. The 2016 film starring Ryan Reynolds broke numerous records as it took in $783 million at the box office.

Walk of Fame

Kevin Smith Tells Twitter Jay And Silent Bob Are Back

Kevin Smith, better known by his character Silent Bob, has made an exciting announcement for comedy fans everywhere. After a nearly eight-year hiatus to produce in the horror genre, Smith and long-time friend Jason Mewes are coming back for a Jay and Silent Bob "reboot." By the first of the year Smith, Mewes, and Mewes' wife were back at work...

Published

on

Continue Reading

Walk of Fame

Throwback Photos Of 2019 Golden Globe Nominees Attending Their First Event

For many, getting to the Golden Globes is a dream come true. Once they've been invited, one major problem involves what they'll wear to the red carpet. With one shot to make an impression, many go all out. We look at what this year's nominees wore at their first appearance. A Winning Debut Christian Bale's first appearance led to a...

Published

on

Continue Reading

Walk of Fame

Bruce Campbell To Host Travel Channel’s ‘Ripley’s Believe It Or Not!’ Reboot

Last year, Bruce Campbell revealed he was hanging it up as Ash Williams. The Evil Dead fanbase went wild knowing they'll never see him as the beloved hero again. Fortunately, he'll be back on TV soon but in a different role. Although he won't be in the limelight as a horror star, he'll still be in touch with the weird and...

Published

on

Continue Reading